Finding a doctor

After reporting your injury to your employer, your employer should provide you with the Panel of Physicians. That allows you to receive immediate treatment for your injuries. If the employer’s panel is not appropriately structured, it becomes invalid. When that happens, you can see another doctor of your choice and still hold the insurance company accountable for your treatment. A qualified workers’ comp lawyer can help you determine whether the physician you saw was on a valid panel.