Independent medical exam

Once you begin seeing a doctor for your injuries, you may feel as though there is a certain treatment, diagnostic test, or surgery you need. You have the right to request an independent medical exam, commonly called an IME, with any doctor you choose that the employer or insurance company pays for.

A workers’ comp attorney can review the results of your IME and determine if you have the right to request that another doctor take over your treatment plan. If you do, a lawyer will help you make this request so that you can start receiving the treatment you need as soon as possible.