No one expects to be injured at work, but accidents on the job are all too common. When accidents happen, injured workers may be left with staggering medical bills, and they may be unable to work for weeks or months.
Most employers in Georgia are required to carry workers’ compensation insurance. An employee injured on the job can receive workers’ comp benefits. Those benefits help pay for medical expenses and a portion of any lost income.
However, navigating Georgia ‘s workers’ compensation laws can be challenging and frustrating. Here’s why:
- To keep insurance rates from rising, employers often dispute employees’ injuries.
- Looking after its own profit margin, the employer’s insurance company will deny the injury claim or try to reduce its cost.
- If the complex rules of the workers’ compensation system are not carefully followed, injury claims can be dismissed.
An Augusta workers’ compensation lawyer can guide injured workers past those hurdles and to the benefits they need and deserve.
How Our Georgia Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Can Help You
Our Augusta workers’ comp lawyers have the legal skills to help you with your claim. When you choose to work with us, we will:
- Gather medical records and other medical evidence.
- Communicate with your employer about your work ability status.
- Take the deposition of any fact witnesses, medical experts and other relevant parties.
- Perform legal research on Georgia workers’ compensation statutes, as well as any relevant case law.
- Draft pleadings, motions, briefs and other legal documents.
- Negotiate a settlement on your behalf.
- Litigate the case, if necessary.
Our goal as Georgia workers’ compensation lawyers is to help you obtain all of the income and medical benefits you are entitled to.